Sunday, December 25, 2011

                                                   Merry Christmas To All

One of my favorite things to do with my family at the start of the holiday season is to make JoAnn's bonbons.  Or , as I call them BonBombs!  They are DELICIOUS!!!  I make up the batter and then my husband and 2 daughters help me and we try and produce about 18 dozen delights per holiday season.



   
***HotFlashFinds: plates are from Target: Missoni for Target ***
***HotFlashFinds: Bonbon Recipe***

Recipe for Bonbons:

Ingredients: Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix, 1 can sweetened condensed
milk, Wilton chocolate wafers .

Method:  Bake mix according to directions on the back of the box.  Cool and crumble into a bowl.
Pour 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over the crumbled cake mixture.  Chill for a few hours.
Roll mixture into balls.
Melt chocolate ( I melt this in a microwave).
Dip the balls into the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper to harden.
Freezes well.

Note: I use 3 different types of chocolate as you can see from the picture above.  You can use other kinds of cake to make delicious combinations.
These bonbons are winners at cookie exchanges and other events and I hope appreciated by neighbors and friends as holiday presents. 

Please let me know if you like this recipe.

Bon Apetit!








No comments:

Post a Comment